Friday, March 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Being home for 4 months has had is challenges and blessings. It has been a roller-coaster of emotions, moods and attitudes. But one thing I am learning, and re-learning over and over again is that I need to put my full trust in God. He knows what he is doing, and frankly most of the time I am not going to know, and I am actually enjoying that. I am finding that I really am not a planner, so it is kind of perfect to have a God who has already planned everything out for me. I just need to do my part to focus on Him, and learn from Him. 


“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.”- Psalm 32:8


While home I have been raising support, working at a wonderful job…and welcoming my nephew into the world! It has been such a blessing to spend time with my nephew, Rainier DeForest Gray. In just the two months he has been alive he has grown and changed so much!




But the time has come to return to Liberia and I am beyond excited! There is so much I will be doing, and cannot wait to see the beautiful Amani family again! And God has truly shown his faithfulness as I am well on my way to obtaining the support I need.


On a different but relevant note, check out this post about Teresa one of the beautiful ladies I have had a privilege to work with and get to know. What a beautiful story…I am so blessed to be able to work with the ladies at Amani.

No comments:

Post a Comment