Saturday, September 22, 2012

Timing is everything

This summer while I was enjoying my time back home, my dear friend, Jeanette, taught me a valuable lesson on God’s timing. She showed me how God was revealing to both of us that His timing is perfect. She sent me back to Liberia with this vintage travel clock to remind me of God’s timing and His plan for me.



I wind the clock up every 30 hours; I hear through out my day the faint ticking of the day passing by. I am reminded to trust in God and to live every minute focused on Him.

Back in May God showed me, in a dramatic way, His timing. He so perfectly placed me in the midst of an unfortunate and difficult time for Amani Liberia, and showed me that it was time to step even farther out of my comfort zone, farther out of my own knowledge and skills and farther out of the luxuries of my home in the US into the position of Amani Liberia, Country Director.

Since then I have been doing things, that only by God’s grace on my life and strength I could be doing. I am so blessed to be in this position; I am building a stronger and deeper relationship with God, and a stronger and deeper relationship with the members at Amani.



But I trust in you, O Lord;
I say, “You are my God.”
My times are in your hands.
-Psalm 31:14-15

1 comment: