Monday, September 12, 2011

Psalm 148

I took a walk by myself; I was fully taking in the beauty of Liberia. As I went along I started to look closely at each individual flower as I passed. I saw so many amazing creatures, some getting nectar from the flowers. I was seeing nature at it's core.

Liberia 032

Some I knew: bees, grasshoppers... but others, I wasn’t certain what they were. When I looked closely I saw so much beauty, so much detail, so much mystery. They were brightly colored, strangely marked; they were a wonderful illustration of how God created everything. How He has taken the time to make each creature individually perfect.

Liberia 027

Then there were the butterflies, how amazing are these creatures. They start out in this world as a caterpillar, that alone is remarkable, but then they metamorphosis into a butterfly! There are so many here adding splashes of unique colors to Gods artwork. God has created all these for His glory, nature just shouts out praises to God. Oh, what wonderful praises.

Liberia 049_MG_4068 - Copy
Liberia 011_MG_4149 - Copy

Now imagine looking so closely to these things as you walk, hardly looking up to see what is in front of you, then you see this.

Yekepa 012

You see so much beauty surrounding you. It is breathtaking, and to imagine all the wonderful things God has hidden in the Jungles of Liberia, how many beautifully colored butterflies, how many insects I will never know exists; all in their, giving praise to the Lord.

Psalm 148

Praise the LORD.

Praise the LORD from the heavens;
praise him in the heights above.
Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his heavenly hosts.
Praise him, sun and moon;
praise him, all you shining stars.
Praise him, you highest heavens
and you waters above the skies.
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for at his command they were created,
and he established them forever and ever—
he issued a decree that will never pass away.

Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,
lightning and hail, snow and clouds,
stormy winds that do his bidding,
you mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars,
wild animals and all cattle,
small creatures and flying birds,
kings of the earth and all nations,
you princes and all rulers on earth,
young men and women,
old men and children.

Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.
And he has raised up for his people a horn,
the praise of all his faithful servants,
of Israel, the people close to his heart.

Praise the LORD.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. I wish I could be there with you... only 8 more weeks until you're home though!

    ReplyDelete