Sunday, August 22, 2010

Support Letter

I have posted a lot about the support I need to get back to Kenya. So I thought I would post my support letter that talks more about the ministry of Amani Ya Juu and exactly what I need to get back. If you know anyone who would be interested in supporting me please send them here!

Here you go:

Photobucket



If you can' read it here is what it says:


Hello,


God has blessed me with the most unique and amazing opportunity, and I am coming to you for support. I just recently returned from a short trip to Kenya to be a part of Amani Ya Juu (amaniafrica.org) and can’t wait to return for a longer stay. This wonderful organization is a sewing-marketing-training project for marginalized women in Africa. Amani aims to sow seeds of peace in the hearts of the women as they grow in community and in their faith together. Over 500 different products are made at Amani ranging from colorful women’s bags and clothes to soft toys. Amani is a self-sustaining project through the sales of products sold in Africa, and by volunteers throughout the US. Each sale of a product provides marginalized women a chance to sustain a consistent income, and sustains the growth and development of the centers in Africa. Amani is based out of Kenya with sister centers in Rwanda and Burundi.


I want to tell you a little more about the women at Amani. The first word that comes to mind when I think about all the ladies is Love. You can feel the warmth and love the second you first walk through the doors of Amani. I have yet to learn the stories of all the women at Amani, but those I have heard are heart-wrenching. Some have escaped the genocide in Rwanda with only their children, left to find a way to survive for themselves. Some have grown up and lived in the surrounding slums all their life, and only have a small shack to call their home. Others have come from Sudan, Uganda, and other African countries to escape the wars. All of these women have had great obstacles, yet all of them are so full of the Love of God and the Joy that He brings.


God has really shown me that this is where He is placing me, and I am anxious to return to Africa to use the talents, knowledge, and desires that He has given me, to help make a difference in the lives of these amazing women. The journeys that they have been, through the war torn countries of Africa to this place of peace, and the stories they have shared have convinced me that I have been made for such a time as this. As a fashion designer, I can take the pattern making, designing, sewing and tailoring skills that I have acquired and use them to bless and teach the women of this organization.


My return trip to Kenya, with trips to the other centers, and the year long stay will cost around $22,400. And as this is strictly missionary work, I will be funding the trip myself. There are a few ways you can support me and/or the women of Amani. First is through monthly monetary support, a one time donation, or as a partner in prayer with me. If you are interested in helping Amani as an organization, you can go on their website and sign up to be a US volunteer and host your own Amani Ya Juu party! The money from your party will go directly to these wonderful women. I know that this is God’s plan for my life, and I am so excited to see what lies ahead. I would be blessed if you would partner with me in this adventure, and I know that God will bless you in return. If you want to hear more as I continue with my journey, please visit my website http://www.hannahlenore.com/.


God Bless,


Hannah Sanford

You can donate to me through Amani Foundation by sending a check to the address below and write in the memo: Hannah Sanford Support Raising


Amani Foundation, Inc
PO Box 28133
Chattanooga, TN 37424-8133


Or visit my blog (hannahlenore.com) and click on the donate button on the right hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment