Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Give me three good reasons?

I was confronted last week with the statement “Give me three GOOD reasons why you want to go to Africa”. I was a little taken aback, and really wanted to give some profound statement. I felt I needed to prove myself and my reasoning. I wanted to just start rambling off every “reason” why I was going. I wanted to name every woman at Amani, tell every story they had. I wanted to tell about my experience visiting the HIV+ women in the slums. I wanted to show every picture of every child who was given this life of poverty and sickness. I wanted to tell all about what God is doing in the lives of these women, how even with these great obstacles they can put one hundred percent faith in Him and know that they will be okay. I wanted to tell how just spending a few hours with them I felt God more than ever, and felt the Peace that Amani brings. I wanted to say how if I am able to do this one little thing, to use this one talent that God has given me to further his kingdom, I am going to! I wanted to list hundreds of “good” reasons of why I want, better yet, why I NEED to go.

Then after giving a few measly reasons, after stumbling over my words, after really not making any sense at all and not getting my point across. Even after mulling it over at home, spending a day trying to come up with the best “three good reasons” it hits me; there is only ONE “good” reason for me to go.

And that is that God is calling me to go. I am to put all my faith in Him and believe that God has a plan for me, and I was made for such a time as this.

I am to believe wholeheartedly this:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I have been home for a month now and I am waiting for my time to go back and spend at least a year in Kenya. This waiting will be challenging for me, and I need to stay focused on my support raising. I have an approximation of how much I will need to raise. Total it will be over $22,000 for one year. This includes airfare to my trips to Rwanda, Burundi and Liberia. I have been blessed with a few gigs; I will be doing a wedding dress and a fundraising fashion show in September. But I am also looking for monthly supporters. If you are at all interested and would like more information I would love to chat. If you would like to donate you can send checks to: Amani Foundation. Just Make the checks payable to Amani Foundation and in the memo write that it for Hannah Sanford support raising. Then send the check to.

Amani Foundation, Inc

PO Box 28133

Chattanooga, TN 37424-8133

I want to thank everyone who is supporting and has supported me already. I am so incredibly blessed.

God Bless,

Hannah Lenore

No comments:

Post a Comment